Monday 16 June 2014

PokerStars VIP Club: Live Lisbon

Hello!

As you've probably heard by now, earlier this month PokerStars VIP Club: Live threw a party in Lisbon. If you didn't attend, let's face it. You missed out. And the best way to remedy this situation is to give you some visuals. So instead of me blabbering about how cool that party was, I'll just make this a photo-based post so that you can see for yourself how it was.

Let me start by saying that I was very excited for this party! The first cool thing about it was that I didn't even have to get on a plane in order to attend... It was only a taxi ride away! The party was held at Portas do Sol, which has an ideal location in the heart of Lisbon. The view from up there is amazing...


There was a red carpet on the entrance and the best party reception I've ever seen! Each person arriving was greeted by two ladies dressed up in poker themed costumes and received their wrist band. 



Walking a bit further down, you realized that what you thought was just a red carpet ended in an actual person! I don't know who thought of that, but it definitely looked cool!

Sorry for stepping on your dress miss!

This was definitely the classiest party I've been to. Formally dressed waiters were going around offering champagne and canapés to the guests. Did anyone say diet? Those delicious looking (and tasting) gourmet snacks were hard to resist! 


Not the champagne type? The open bar is the place for you!

There were various entertainers at the party. My favorite was a magician that was "infiltrating" small groups of people and performed some tricks. To this day, I'm baffled by the fact that he put one sponge ball in my hand, asked me to close my fist and when I opened my hand again there were two balls instead of one...


But I said there were other entertainers so let's not forget the fire show, the unusual bicycle and the gabardine lady... Wherever you turned to look, there was something going on at this party!

Spitting flames. Literally.


Go ahead, take a look!

She was giving out cool glasses! Wait, what did you think she was doing?!?

And of course PokerStars wouldn't leave us with just a couple of snacks... Later on during the night, there was a big buffet inside waiting for the guests to attack!

Anyone feeling hungry?

After eating while enjoying conversations with other poker players, it was time to party! Portuguese band "Da Chick" was there to give a live performance. While enjoying the music, I was surprised to discover my break dance teacher among the crowd. Small world! After Da Chick's performance was over, one courageous poker player challenged the band members to a dance-off.

"Da Chick" on stage

Dance battle

That was enough to ignite the dancing mood and soon various break dancers hit the stage, giving a very impressive performance!

I bet you can't dance like that. It's okay, neither can I!

My teacher Speedy shows off how he got the nickname. Too bad I don't have a video for this one.

But even with all that going on, the best part of the night was definitely meeting other poker players. This time I even got to meet some of my opponents, which was totally awesome! I sort of think of them as co-workers and it's nice to see the face behind the screen name. I also met a lot of people I didn't know at all and I enjoyed listening to their stories of how they got into poker and what exactly they were playing. It's just fun to get a chance to mingle with poker people, that's not really something you can do every day!

In case you haven't had enough yet, here are some more photos from the event:










I've said it in the past and I will say it again: the VIP Club: Live parties are awesome! If you haven't been to one yet, you should definitely make plans to attend when there's a stop near you! 

9 comments:

  1. As expected... Great Post!!! I really liked to see you again at the party!!! I wish you all the best at the tables :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Alexandra! Was nice seeing you too! Good luck at the tables! :)

      Delete
  2. Cool pics! I hope I can make it to one of these parties in the future, they seem like so much fun. You and Andre look lovely!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Maria! Those parties are great fun, I hope to attend more of them in the future. Maybe I'll see you in one! :)

      Delete
  3. Very impressive! I`d like to visit next! You looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  4. great party, nice to meet you and andre!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was indeed a great party! Nice meeting you too! :)

      Delete
  5. Hi there,

    Nice write up! Got to love PokerStars for knowing how to throw a party!

    I'm Rick, from PokerWinners.com. I'm approaching some of the blogs I read, to see if I could interest you in our newly launched refer-a-friend / affiliate scheme. ( http://pokerwinners.com/refer-a-friend )

    You'd also be more than welcome to link to your blog from forum posts / signature, etc.

    Give me a shout at rick.wild@pokerwinners.com if you have any questions,

    Rick

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Blockquote

Unordered List